Monday, December 12, 2005

Day 1 - The Training Begins

Today is the day I begin my training program for the Country Music Marathon - 2006. I ran the half marathon last year, and I have decided to go for the full this time around. I just can't get enough. I started running regularly about 2 years ago to get myself back in shape after about 8 years of being out of shape while having/raising our children. (When I say "our" I am refering to my husband, J.T., and myself.) I really only wanted to lose a little weight, and I ran on the days I wasn't able to make the aerobics classes. But then a couple of my friends talked me into entering the local Old Timer's Day 5k race here in Manchester, and the rest is history. Several more 5ks, a 5 miler, a 10 miler, a couple half marathons, a summer full of sprint triathlons and here I am - ready to take on 26.2 miles. Atleast I think I'm ready. Time will tell ofcourse. I'm using the coolrunning.com intermediate marathon training plan. It's fairly ambitious for the level I'm on right now...but we'll see how it goes. I ran the 4 mile training run today on the treadmill. I am up for 6 miles tommorrow. That being the case - I'm closing it out to get some rest...

No comments: