Thursday, December 22, 2005

Week 2 - Days 3 & 4: Tired Legs...haha

I didn't post yesterday, because I was too tired. I had a hair appt at 7:15 a.m. in M'boro, so I got to work late and didn't get in my 6 miles beforehand. Then I had to work late to make up the time. Holly (my sister) wanted to take the boys to a Nativity Scene that night, so after work I rushed to buy my groceries, put my sweet potatoes in the oven (for my sweet potato casserole that I'm taking to my Aunt Norma's for Christmas tonight), and rushed off to the rec center at 7:30 p.m. to try and get my 6 miles in. I ran the 6 on the treadmill, with a time of 55:58. And when I got home and finished the sweet potatoes, I was tired. J.T. was finishing up work at his office, so me and the boys went to bed.
When the alarm went off at 4:50 a.m. this morning, I said "Ok Lana - you've got 3 miles today. 3 little short quick miles - you can do it" But my legs disagreed. They really did feel tired. So I gave in and stayed in the bed. But since I'm already skipping out on one of the 3 milers for Christmas, I did my 3 during lunch at work. I didn't push myself at all...I still think I need to save some legs for the 11 miles tommorrow.

No comments: