Friday, August 22, 2008

Doing what I said I'd do

I only have a minute, as my eyes are almost forcing themselves shut as I type. Just wanted to let you know that I'm doing what I said I'd do. I swam 2550yds Tuesday. I ran 16 miles Wednesday. I rested on Thursday. I rode 40 miles and swam 3200yds today. I've got everything packed up and ready to head to the HOT 100 tomorrow, including the running shoes, because I've got a 7 mile run following the century ride. It's long and tough these days...it's getting up at 3:45 a.m. to ride 40 miles with my badass light on my bike. It's getting up even if I only got 2.5 hrs sleep. It's doing what I said I'd do...because I want to be an Ironman.

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend. -Henry David Thoreau

5 comments:

TJ said...

You're in the long days for sure. Race day will be here before you know it and all the hard work and long days will pay off big time.

Trisaratops said...

Thinking of you...I know these weeks are tough...and I did it without two little guys! You continue to inspire me. But please be sure you are sleeping, girl. (Yeah, I need to heed my own advice, too!) That body NEEDS that rest to recover. Just doin' my job to worry about ya over here. :)

Anonymous said...

Great quote. You are determined and dedicated. Keep up all your hard work. Make sure you are getting enough rest to ensure recovery and also your best effort.

Bigun said...

Nice...kick that century...kick it hard!

IronTriTim said...

Wow 2.5 hours.. I thought I had it bad with the twins! Great commitment looking forward to seeing you rock PCB.