Friday, August 15, 2008

The 3 a.m. Snuggles

I fell victim to the 3 a.m. snuggles this morning. I had really good Ironman training intentions. I had my alarm set for 3:00 a.m. so that i could be up and on my trainer at 3:30 for an hour of intervals, followed by a 45 min run, followed by a 3000yd swim at the rec center when the pool opened at 5:30 a.m.

The alarm went off as planned at 3:00, and I woke up. I turned it off and sat up. Then I heard something....little footsteps across our new hardwood floors. It was Bo, half asleep, feeling his way over to my side of the bed. I helped him up into the bed and he grabbed me and said (in that sleepy little voice), "Snuggle with me, Momma."

Is there anyone around who can turn that down?

I can't. I thought I would snuggle for a few minutes and then proceed to get up and get on with my training after Bo was sound asleep again.

Wrong!!

The 3 a.m. snuggles consumed me and lulled me into a sleep so deep that I didn't wake up until the final 6:30 alarm went off.

~sigh~

And I was doing so good lately...but 3 a.m. snuggles might be worth the set back! I'll get back on track tomorrow....

12 comments:

:) said...

TOTALLY worth it. Have a great weekend!

Michele said...

Can't turn down those snuggles. Plus your training is going great you can afford the snuggle time.

kmholt7 said...

Obviously you made the best choice. They grow up so fast.

Benson said...

Right choice for sure.
You'll be better for it this weekend.
have a good one.

Lisa said...

Awl....so cute!

J~Mom said...

So worth it!!!

Mike said...

totally the right decision! :)

IronTriTim said...

3 am snuggles sound so much better than 3am screams for feeding.. I long for 3am snuggles :-)

I keep telling myself they only wake up at 3am so I am up and awake and able to go training by 5am :-(

Anonymous said...

Cherish the time....they grow up WAY to fast!

Brooke said...

I would've done the same thing.

triguyjt said...

theres always the next race or workout...

those moments....priceless....

can't get them back either...

great choice

Eric said...

Training can be made up. A day will come with "3 a.m. snuggles" can't.