Monday, February 13, 2006

Week 10 - Day 1: Intervals

This week will mark the halfway point. I must note that I made the statement at the beginning of this training that if I made throught week 10 - I would be definitely be running 26.2 on April 29th, 2006. Anyways, I ran a mile warm-up, then ran 6 x 880s @8.0 mph on the treadmill with 2 min of walking between each. Then I ran another lap and a half to finish off a total distance of 5 miles in 46:32. One run will have to be skipped this week since we are going snow skiing over the weekend, so I guess it will be tommorrow's 5 miler. I'll do an 8 miler instead.
I also got swimming in. I took the kids to the pool and played with them awhile, and then Briar watched Bo while I swam 1000 meters. We all had a good time. Briar did a 100 meter swim just to prove that he could still do it and looked GREAT! I'm gonna see about getting him back on the swim team maybe really soon. Although I worry about how baseball and everything else are going to conflict. But he is pumped up about doing some triathlons this summer...so I'd like to keep his swimming in good shape. Speaking of Briar and triathlons - here's a picture of him in his first and only one:

Isn't he a stud!!??!! You cannot imagine how proud I was of him that day!! He got 2nd place in his age group...and only missed first by like 8 seconds. He says he'll never let that happen again!! But we were all thrilled with 2nd place...I thought he did awesome!

No comments: