Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Week 2 - Day 2: 5 miles

I have rearranged my training runs a little this week for Christmas. I was supposed to run 3 miles today, 5 tommorrow, 6 Thursday, 3 Friday and 11 Sat. I know I am not going to be able to run Saturday, since it is Christmas Eve, so I took out today's 3 miles and replaced it with tommorrow's 5 miles and moved everything else up accordingly. That makes my long run on Friday, and it looks like we are going to do that around 12:30. The good news is that the weather man says it's gonna be 55 to 57 degrees!!! That is great. After the 11 miler I'm gonna take off Saturday and Sunday for Christmas. This is gonna be a great Christmas.
As I was running my 5 miles on the treadmill this morning, I was thinking about how abundantly God has blessed myself and my family. And how the thought of Christmas being around the corner makes me giddy. That is something to really appreciate when you have it, because not everyone has that feeling. I know that there have been Christmas's when I did not have it, for one reason or another. And as we get older and have to say goodbye to the people who make Christmas so special, I think it becomes harder and harder to enjoy it. And that is so sad. So I am of the opinion that when things are good, we should soak it up and enjoy it, and celebrate the blessings we've been given. I do think that's what God wants...I know that I love to see my children enjoy and celebrate the things I am able to give them.
6 miles tommorrow - whew...not sure if that's gonna be on the track or the treadmill.

No comments: