Monday, December 15, 2008

Living it Up

I haven't made it to the trails yet, but I did end up with 3 days in a row last week. Monday 5miles running, Tuesday spin class, and Wednesday 5 miles running with core work. Then it all went to...other things. I don't really remember why I didn't do anything on Thursday. Friday was a snowday, and I was just too dadgum tired to wake up early since I am not on a training schedule, and there was too much to do with the rest of the day to squeeze in a workout of any kind. We took off to Murfreesboro for 4:00 batting practice for the boys, and then Bo had indoor baseball practice from 5:00 - 7:00 while Briar did speed and agility class from 6:00 - 7:00, and we stayed after and worked a little more on defensive drills while we had an open cage. Baseball year 'round - is life good or what?! We ate dinner at Macaroni Grill (I ate mushroom raviolli since they were out of eggplant) and then made our way back home. After the kids went to bed, J.T. and I sat up late listening to country music and drinking wine...resulting in the domino effect which kept me from getting up early to run on Saturday morning. I did get up and out early enough to get started Christmas shopping around 11:00. I pretty much finished up all the shopping except for a couple of dirty santa gifts I still need to get. Staying up late is addictive...and it's easy to fall into the habit when you don't have a 4 a.m. 20 mile run that has to be done the next morning. But you know what, sometimes it's nice to just do what you want to do, too. I've been doing a lot of that lately.

I don't like to be caged up. That's how I felt at times while following such a strict training schedule for the IM. I am more of a free spirit than your typical Type A. I am a perfectionist, too, though. I do like to do well at whatever I am doing...I like to do it right, and I like to do it to the best of my ability. There ensues the conflict. And that also explains while I have no competitive events on my calendar as of yet for 2009 (Other than the Seaside Half Mary, but that will probably be running for pleasure and enjoying the beach more than going for a half mary PR). Like Jumper told me once, we are Type A-. So the verdict is still out as to what my '09 calendar will involve.

Sunday was Holly's birthday party and then the kids' Christmas play at church. SOOOO cute! Then I got a text from Tammie saying they were running 8 at 4:15 a.m. this morning. That sounded appealing, and I thought to myself, "I am going to do that." Until I stayed up until nearly midnight playing with Facebook and then mutilated my alarm clock when it rang at 3:40. I barely woke up at 7:15, and scared the whole house as we all rushed to get out the door in time for school and work. Barely made it.

It's Christmas. I'll get all this worked out after the new year. Life is too good to not be living it up right now...

Holly's Birthday!

Briar - white turtleneck on the back row

Bo the Shepard Boy

6 comments:

Missy said...

I'm with you. While I've set ONE goal for this year '09, I've yet to start working on it. I haven't seen an alarm before 6:00am any day since IM and it's WONDERFUL!

Lisa said...

You and Michele both need to be living it up right now. Celebrate your accomplishments of '08 with some rest. Hope to see you in spin again! :)

Born To Endure said...

2009 will fill in properly i'm sure...take your time..have fun!!

jahowie said...

I agree....don't stress over '09. You had an amazing '08!! Soak it in and enjoy the holidays!!

Ryan said...

Beach 2 Battleship

Its still open...and calling your name!

Just in case you were wondering

Mike said...

Have fun planning 09 AFTER your well deserved rest :)

btw Ryan ... are you the race director for B2B or sumin ... seem to be promoting it everywhere :)haha ... if I was over there I'd do it! ... honest :)