Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Getting Back to Normal


Well, we're getting there. I worked from home today, so that I could keep an eye on Bo and make sure he didn't take off running and fall and injure his arm again. Right now he has a splint on it, incase of swelling. When he goes back to the ortho in a few days they'll put a hard cast on it and hopefully we can breathe a little easier. He's feeling fine, though, and it's become quite a task to make sure he doesn't get too brave. Bo is a pretty big boy for his age, he's always in the upper 90th percentiles in weight and height. That's great, but it also makes for a little bit uncoordination at this age. Simply put, he stumbles around a lot. On top of that, he's never really run around stuff...he just sorta runs over it or through it. So he's got some adjusting to do.

Yesterday my plan called for a 30 minute run and a swim of some sort. I did the run during my lunch break, followed by weights and abs, and then I did the swim yesterday evening while Briar had baseball practice. I did a straight 2000 yd swim in 39:57. I'd say that's about par for the course.

This morning, Briar and I got up ran 1 mile on the greenway and then did some abs and strength. This is the first time in a long time he has gotten up to work out with me. My plan called for a 30 minute ride today, so provided I get that font tire back on my bike, that shouldn't be a problem.

7 comments:

Michele said...

Does this mean you are signing him up for GJCC???

Glad to see Bo smiling. Hope that arm heals quickly.

Rae said...

That's so funny! He at least looks happy!! Give him lots of hugs from us and if you need anything on all your trips back and forth just let us know!

Phil said...

Good to see Bo smiling. Once you get the hard cast on him, you can breath a little easier and get back to running / biking / swiming and the 10,000 other things you do.

Cliff said...

Isn't it amazing how kids can be so happy and carefree?

2000 yd in 39 min is good stuff..

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your little big one is on the mend. Once he gets that hard cast you can feel a bit more at ease. Good job getting the training in despite your situation.

Papa Louie said...

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you and your family.
Nice that Briar got up to workout with you too. Those have got to be special moments. Enjoy.

TRI Vortex said...

That's great that Briar worked out with you. Mrs TV started running with me at the gym. Its nice to see her butt bounce....I mean keep me company at the gym. Not that she needs it. I'm trying to get her to pose for the sex issue of Inside Triathlon Mag.