Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Spartan 30 Day Challenge: Day 2

Quote of the day: “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.” - Vince Lombardi

Workout:

1.5m warmup run
5x800
5x15 jump squats
5x15 australian pull ups
1.5m cool down run

This one started at the rec center at 4:30 a.m. The run through the park to the CCMS track is about 1.5 miles, so that was the warm up.

My 800s were slow, but not bad considering how out of shape I am. I did most of them between 3:30 and 3:40. I'd like to be less than 15, but I'm not there right now. During the rest period after each 800, we did 15 jump squats (modified from the spartan workout's "thrusts") and 15 Australian pull-ups (modified from regular).  It was a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be, but we made it to the end.

What's an australian pull up?  It's a modified pull up where you hold a bar, keep your feet on the ground, and pull your chest up towards the bar. It's good when you have no pull up bar around, or want more reps than you can normally do.


How Did I feel? I didn't want to get out of bed, but I did. I was a little sore from Day 1, but I still felt okay. Tonight, I am a lot sore.

Had a hard day at work, and I'm ready for some sleep and Day 3.

No comments: