Saturday, July 12, 2008

Moving forward...

I'm going to Chattanooga tomorrow to race the Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon. I am going, and I am going to race hard, and I am going to have fun. I am going aware that my head has not been in the game for the last two weeks, and that I am nowhere near peak race shape, and I am about 5 - 8 lbs heavier than I want to be. But I am going because I am better than all this, and I am fed up with the "normal demons" that have been creeping into my head and trying to convince me that I can't do what I have set out to do. I had a long talk with my bike today, and we made up. We agreed to go out and kick butt on that bike course tomorrow. I also have a George Jetson looking aerohelmet that I will wear for the first time...and I won't worry that I might look like a poser...because I ain't no poser...nope...I'm the real deal. And I ain't normal...don't want to be, wasn't born to be, and never again will be. Watch me. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Jumper 2.0 said...

I have seen your 1/2 ironman time. You are no poser whether that nasty little thought enters your head or not.
Have fun, race hard!

Bigun said...

although, some posing wouldn't be a bad thing...I'm just sayin!

Michele said...

you will do great. wish I was there with you.

I just told Ronnie last night that I was going to order a new helmet. He gave me the blessing (like I needed it) so now I am off to shop.

Christine said...

awwwww :( I wish I was there with you !!!!

Borsch said...

I can't wait to see how you do in the race! Go kick butt on the bike! P.S. We need pics of you and this helmet!

TJ said...

Hope you kicked butt out there.
Race report!?!

Steve Stenzel said...

Nope, you're no poser!! I hope the race went well!!