Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday Morning Moodiness

I wasn't ready for the weekend to end, but I guess it had to. My plan prescribed a 40 min run and a 2300 yd swim. I woke up and got to the rec center at 4:50 without any real plan as to what I was going to do. I recognized several vehicles and looked around to see if anyone was looping around. I texted Holly to see if she was coming to run, but she said no. I contemplated just curling up in the front seat and going back to sleep, but then I eventually got out and took off running. I ended up running about 4.8 miles or something, and it took more than 40 minutes. I wasn't in any hurry today, and I was a bit grouchy, so it's probably best I ran solo, anyways. After the run, I went into the rec center and renewed our membership and signed the boys up for basketball camp, and then realized that I left my goggles in the car. That was about all it took to convince me to just do some core work and then go home and get ready for work. That's what I did, and my plan is to swim this evening. I figure the boys will enjoy hitting the pool with me, anyways.

I've been using Marni Rakes as a nutrition resource while revamping my diet, and she has given me a new low-fat, low-guilt tuna salad recipe - check it out here if you're interested. I love tuna salad, and I was glad to know that I didn't have to cut it out of my diet.

4 comments:

Missy said...

I'm with you and trying to get over - "look at all that I DO, I can eat whatever the h!@$ I want syndrome". I have 9-10 workouts a week I can certainly handle _____. I know, eat for fuel, but dang, I like food. Here's to tuna and spinach salad for lunch today:)

Benson said...

good on ya for getting all that reconciliation and doing what you know is right for you. a little eve pool time with kids is good manna for the soul.
don't question "what you're doing here". it seems pretty apparent to us blog readers that you're doing exactly what you are intended to... being an athlete and the best mom in the world. nothing can measure up to that.
Keep on rolling.

IronTriTim said...

I'm the opposite when it comes to running in the morning.. just can't motivate myself, however swimming is another matter, seems to wake me up slowly. :-)

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

Thanks for the shout-out :) You look like you are getting strong with the workouts! keep it up.
Instead of bread, use 1/2 pita pocket and stuff it with the tuna salad or as i did the other day, I kinda scrambled up an omelete and then put it in the pita. YUM!