Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I loafed on the bike

First off, let me start by saying that the final results from the Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon came out today, and everyone's bike time was adjusted by what looked like their T-1 time. No explanation given, but I assume that T-1 had been added to the bike split originally. This is good news for me, because my final bike time came out to be 1:18:34...which is actually a little less than a minute faster, not slower, than my bike time at Chattanooga last year. For a few minutes, I was relieved. But even so, I am pretty sure I loafed. I can ride that course faster than that. I didn't chase the riders in front of me like I normally do. I didn't battle with those who passed me like I usually do. Sure, it helped my run split. And no, I haven't exactly been serious with my bike training since it threw me like a raging bull. But still, I loafed, and I know it. It's not surprising, given that I almost didn't even go do the race, but after it's said and done and those results are posted, who wants to look back and say that they could have given more? Lesson learned.
It doesn't take any ability to hustle. - Wade Boggs

8 comments:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Is there something bad about loafing?
;-)

greyhound said...

You still beat Shelby.

Cliff said...

Lana,

There is only one focus...and it is IMFL. This tri is a good workout for the big day. And we always loaf after a race :).

Haha...i don't think i ever recall a race where I don't tell myself...'i think i can do better than that'

Anyways...i am most impress with the tri. Especially when you mention how u got off the bike cleanly. I've been practicing with that...it's just a sweet feeling :). nice and smooth.

Missy said...

Gurl, loafing, weak of mind, whatever you call it, I had one too. You know what, I think we're allowed from time to time. Game ON!

Kevin said...

I had noticed that the individual times didnt match up the AG times. Apparently I wasnt the only one who noticed, because several of us got a reply back. They had accidently added t1 to the bike

Bigun said...

ug...how many times do I have to 'splain this to ya...its all about the bike. Period.

Ryan said...

Just don't let it happen at IM. A little bit of loafing for 112 miles could add up to an extra hour or two.

Rest up and get ready for the final push.

The feelings are normal, I was having them too.

triguyjt said...

good quote from boggs