Monday, November 19, 2007

Motivation Monday

"...you must never give yourself a chance to fall apart because, when you do, it becomes a tendency and it happens over and over again. You must practice staying strong, instead."
-The Guru to Elizabeth in Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


Yesterday was 8 miles VO2Max w/5x600m intervals. It went well, I hit the target paces every time. Today is supposed to be recovery 5 miles, but I slept right through the alarm, J.T. turned it off, and I didn't wake up until 7:00 a.m. I packed my bag to run at work during lunch, but that got shot down when Briar called for me to come get him - he was not feeling well. I'm still hoping to squeeze in the 5 miles, but if I don't get it in, I just don't. Not stressing over it...

10 comments:

Tri-Dummy said...

Good idea, don't stress.

I'm getting excited for you and Michele. You gurlee's are going to hit sub-4 and motivate me to do the same.

Run YOUR run.

Phil said...

Take a deep breath. Your going to miss a few runs. On the bright side, if you're going to miss a run, a recovery run when you're feeling strong is probably the one to miss. The good news is that your body hasn't forgotten how to run in a day. Your still the same strong Lana

E-Speed said...

Nice job on the 20! Glad you have done so well this time around. I think the higher mileage will pay off and you should definitely go sub 4!

Don't fret the 5 miler. At this point I think the rest takes priority :)

Benson said...

Sounds like a little bit of a 'typical monday.'
Oh well, I hope it all worked out by now.

IronTriTim said...

Not heard the quote before, but it applies totally to me coming off IM. Must not stop and totally slack off.

Brooke said...

ooohhhh, love the quote.

streak said...

I second Phil's statement above. No worries and stay strong and confident. Have a good turkey day!

streak said...

tag your it, check my blog.

Rice said...

that morning wake up is a tough one to master.. there should be a "workout" routine to get better at something like that..

cheers.

Rice.

BreeWee said...

Good Luck Lana! I hope you get your sub 4! I am training for Honolulu Marathon (3wks away) and I just saw that freezing photo of you with ice in your ponytail! THAT is dedication to run when it is that cold out! You deserve your goal time!

Go get em!!!