Monday, September 10, 2007

Different stuff

Before I say anything, I must give BIG CONGRATS to all those who competed in and finished Ironman Wisconsin yesterday!! You are guys are awesome, and are so inspiring. I tracked all the tri-bloggers out there until I had to leave for my 8 mile run, and then I caught up with your finishes this morning. You guys ROCK!

So, Friday morning was 17 miles, starting at the rec center, at 4 a.m. I was not excited about this run, but it had to be done. We ran a different route this time - down to Bushy Branch Rd, through Holly's subdivision on Shedd Rd, then down Ragsdale Rd until it comes to back to Branch. We used Holly's house a water/gu stop at miles 5.5 and 10.5. She was kind enough to put water out for us in a cooler. I just didn't feel well in general for the majority of this run. Each step was tough, not to mention that my hamstrings, inner thighs, and butt were very sore from my weight lifting and lunges on Wednesday. I probably over did that, considering I've been several weeks without it. I need to do that consistently to be able to keep it up. Anyways, Joe had a great run, and me and Michele had a pretty good run. I had stomach issues pretty much the whole time, but never did actually have to stop. I think we finished the run somewhere between a 9:30 and 9:40 pace. I haven't exported all my garmin info for bimActive yet, but I will do that soon and post the splits. I am very thankful for the recovery week we have coming up.

I did nothing Saturday, other than coach Bo's 2 soccer games and then rush to the football field to see Briar's game. Bo really enjoyed his soccer games, and he even scored a goal or two! I don't know what I am doing out there trying to coach...but we managed to win 1 and lose one anyways. Briar's team took a beating again on the football field, but he had a few good runs - one was a QB bootleg for 14 yds! And he brought home a few bruises as well.


Sunday was an 8 mile general aerobic run with 8 x 10 strides. We running along at a fairly comfortable pace, and then I decided to just try and keep up with Joe, who was basically running circles around us...and I did, but I was pretty spent by the end of the run. We finished with an 8:47 average pace, and my Avg HR was 161. I still haven't been able to find anywhere that Pfitz tells you what HR to run the General Aerobic runs at, but oh well. I have a 5 mile recovery run today at lunch and it will be well under what it should be. Regardless of how slow I have to run it.

Things are going to start getting busy very soon. Swim team starts tomorrow (both boys are signed up) from 4:00 - 5:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Briar and Bo have football and soccer at 5:15 on Tuesday and Thursdays. And Briar will start school basketball conditioning this week from 7:00 - 8:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My instinct tells me that's too much.

3 comments:

E-Speed said...

yikes that sounds busy to me!

good job on the runs. sometimes those long runs are just a struggle!

Unknown said...

That does sound like a bit much for one evening. Think how they'll sleep those nights, though!

Rae said...

I guess that's one way to keep them away from the ladies! =)