Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Waterfront Results

Well, the official results finally came out yesterday. I didn't get a penalty, nor did I get disqualified. Whew! Here they are:

http://www.team-magic.com/results/CWT_AG_2007.htm

I placed 16th out of 55 in the 30-34 AG, with a 2:46:34. Last year I did a 2:40 and placed 18th...so that shows you how much harder this course was this year. Everyone's times were much slower. I thought my time was awful when I finished, but I noticed that I finished ahead of a few people who are normally faster than I am, so maybe it wasn't that bad. I do know that I could have had a better run if I had handled my nutrition better and had not started out so fast. And I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can swim faster than I did if I am more focused. Regardless, I think that I actually qualified for the USAT National AG Championships in Portland, Oregan next June. If I read the qualification rules correctly, it said that the top 33% of each age group qualifies. So that's pretty cool. Although I don't know if I'll make it all the way to Portland, OR during baseball season next year. But it's still pretty cool, I guess.

5 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Holy crap! That is AWESOME!

*bowing down to you*

Congrats! Pretty cool even if you can't make it out there!

TriSonq said...

I heard that the course was MUCH harder this year.

Makes me almost glad I skipped it this year!

Great job Lana!

E-Speed said...

sounds like you had a great race! I love that Briar told you not to slow down for him. What a great kid!

Kate said...

Congrats!! Nats would be awesome, but qualifying is pretty darn cool whether or not you go!

Rae said...

Yay!! You should totally go for the championships!!! What an opportunity!