Thursday, February 01, 2007

Finally...

Snow! I can handle the cold weather if we get some snow. And we finally did. Briar and I raised the garage door this morning at 5:25 a.m. to find a thin blanket of white over our little part of the Earth. We went and worked out for a while - he mostly shot basketball with his friend - I did my 1500yd swim and he swam a few laps as well. Then we left and headed to The Donut Palace and brought back assorted donuts for the family. Great morning. J.T. was able to get his laptop and work at home, thus, I received this pic from all that hard work they're doing! Ha - around here you gotta have fun in the snow while you can because you may not see anymore for a couple of years. I am hoping it snows again tonight, because I'll be home tomorrow. I think mtn biking in the snow sounds fun, too. Does anybody have experience with that??

So last night Michele and I drove an hour to Franklin for the Triathlete Swim Class they have there at the aquatics center. It was a very cool class. But I am soooo slow. :( Michele did really well, though. I told her if I could just wear those fins in triathlons I might could keep up in the water!!! We both agreed that it was good practice having to swim with other people in the lane, though. Because we never have to share lanes at our rec center. Coach Ashley was able to give us a few tips. She told me to be doing the "touch and pull" drill as much as possible. So I did 500 yards of it this morning as part of my swim. I'm gonna go back next week and try out that class again. But I'm not not positive if I can pull that off every week. It's going to take some serious thought and consideration.

I have a 1 hour bike ride to do tonight, on the trainer, ofcourse. I may have to combine that with my watching Grey's Anatomy. We'll see. Happy snowball fights!! Happy snowman building!! Happy donut spinning in snowy fields or icey parking lots(Is that just a southern, redneck kind of thing, or do you guys up north get a kick out of that too??)!!!

14 comments:

Michele said...

Bo and Briar must have gotten out early. By the time my kids got suited up the only snow left was on the trampoline. They did have a good snowball fight.

Trisaratops said...

Yay snow!

And donuts are fun! Us Yanks do those too. :) hee hee

Triteacher said...

Donuts are done up here too. But I find mtn biking in the snow even more fun. I've been commuting on my mtn bike and while it's a challenge, we are triathletes. In other words, go get 'em!

Phil said...

Snow looks like fun for the kids. Every kid should be able to build a snowman at least once.

Congrats on your swim camp. Better form will not only make you faster but will also allow you to get through the swim part using less energy.

Phil said...

The snow looks like fun for the kids. Every kid should be able to build a snowman at least once.

Congrats on your swim camp. Better form will not only make you faster but will also allow you to get through the swim part using less energy.

Phil said...

The snow looks like fun for the kids. Every kid should be able to build a snowman at least once.

Congrats on your swim camp. Better form will not only make you faster but will also allow you to get through the swim part using less energy.

Phil said...

The snow looks like fun for the kids. Every kid should be able to build a snowman at least once.

Congrats on your swim camp. Better form will not only make you faster but will also allow you to get through the swim part using less energy.

Phil said...

The snow looks like fun for the kids. Every kid should be able to build a snowman at least once.

Congrats on your swim camp. Better form will not only make you faster but will also allow you to get through the swim part using less energy.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that you got the snow. We only have a very light dusting. Not even enought to make tracks in when I went to get the newspaper this morning.

Brooke said...

Is it wrong that I am insanely excited to watch Grey's tonight??

DV said...

ok i'm jealous of the snow... great pic! all we got here was doomsday warnings from the meteorologist and then 35 degrees and rain - lots and lots of it!

Lance Notstrong said...

We got some snow too :-) Not near enough to make a snow man though.

Rae said...

Love the pic!!! We FINALLY got some snow last night. I REALLY hope it doesn't melt while we're at work today!!!! I'm dying to build a snowman and make Pippin wear his boots!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Hey Lana, FYI for ya

Xterra Triathlon World Championship SAT. 1 pm EST CBS FEB. 3rd

Still have some time to TIVO it :-)