Friday, September 08, 2006

LVM Training: Week 3 Long Run

FIRST said week three's long run was 17 miles. I couldn't stand the thought of running through town on the sidewalks for 17 miles - so Michele very graciously offered to rearrange her schedule so that we could run together in the country. I met her at her house at 6 a.m. and we took off. It was an absolute beautiful morning to run. We chatted, laughed, and fought off a few dogs while the sun came out and warmed everything up a bit. Our pace was supposed to be 9:45/mile and we finished with a 9:44/mile pace. Yes!! The last 3 or 4 miles were pretty much torture, and we each tried to come up with everything postitve we could think of...at one point during the last mile I looked over at Michele and said "Hey - We're Healthy!!" and she said "Yes! Yes! You're right. We should be thankful for that!" Anything we could think of, that would keep one foot moving in front of the other...

It looks like there is going to be no Elk River Ride for me tomorrow...just the I Run For the Party 5k.

Best wishes to TriSaraTops and Wil - who will be burning up Wisconsin this weekend at IM Moo!! Good luck girls!

8 comments:

Michele said...

Great run, I am so glad we got to do it together. Share the pain.
Sorry I got us out too far and we had to make the long trek home.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the "I Run For the Party 5k"....

Rae said...

Great job with the 17!! You guys really need a dog Dazer!!

Backofpack said...

Well done! It's always best to do those long runs with a friend - makes the time go by much faster.

Neese said...

having a partner can be such a run saver, glad you were able to get it done together! hope the 5k went well!

Papa Louie said...

It sure is nice to have a friend to run long with. Way to go and keep training pace.

Cliff said...

Lana,

I never did a long run with a friend before :) I hope you enjoy it.

Lance Notstrong said...

Wow 17 miles in week 3!!! Makes my 10 mile run that I was complaining about not seem so bad :-)