Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Mission Accomplished

Whew. We made it out of bed this morning! I have to admit I did hit "snooze" one time, but I got on up after the 9 minute delay. I made it to the rec center by 5:30, and had enough time to get my heart rate up a little, work my abs, then swim. I did 1500 yards in the pool. I concentrated on my form during the first 1000, and didn't time it. I tried the bilateral breathing some, and focused on keeping my elbows high. I believe that I have been drastically dropping my right elbow when taking a breath on the left side (the only side I normally breath on). It felt very akward keeping that elbow up, but I am hoping it might help the bilateral breathing come along easier. I timed the last 500 yards, still focusing on keeping my elbows up, and finished in 10:56. I think that's about the same time I usually have.

I am getting up early tomorrow morning too - maybe it will be a little bit easier. Thanks to all of you guys who held me accountable!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I knew you could do it!

Michele said...

Great job getting up this morning!

Stick to the bilateral breathing, it gets easier and I really do think it has improved my time. On the other hand, give it up. swimming is the only time I can get ahead of you!!!! :)

Bridgette said...

Yet again, you have managed to make me look like a slacker - I got up at 6!

Good job!

Brooke said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! I was checking this morning to make sure you got up. I'm checking again tomorrow....

Lance Notstrong said...

When you say "bilateral breathing", do you mean breathing on both sides? On every stroke? Do most people do this or do they just breath on one side? When you breath on one side, do you breath every stroke? Sorry for the 20 questions, it's all new to me.

Backofpack said...

Lana, glad you rolled out of bed and got it done. Vacation just messes up the routine, you'll find your groove again soon!