Sunday, June 11, 2006

I Am Too Moody

*Sigh* So I haven't been in the mood to do much of anything the past couple of days. I was gonna run 10 miles Friday morning, but instead I slept late and enjoyed every minute of it. And Saturday I was gonna go on a longer bike ride than normal, but instead I decided to just run 6 miles in 85 degrees, which took me 59:37. Pathetic. And then today I was planning on getting up early and making up the bike ride I missed, but I slept late again instead. Didn't even make it to church. I am distracted lately by other stuff, mainly Little League Baseball, and can't seem to get my act together. I even suited up in my bike shorts and jersey and was gonna ride at 2:00 this afternoon. I loaded up Bo and took him down to the ball park to stay with J.T., and instead of leaving, I got into the activities going on at the ball park and never left to go ride! I am so "all or nothing" - it's really frustrating. I struggle with balance all the time. I wish it came natural.

Since we have several other activities planned for tonight, I've already ruled out the possibility of any workouts...let's hope I get back on track tomorrow.

6 comments:

Backofpack said...

Lana, two things: all the extra sleep makes me wonder if you just needed a chance to rest and catch up; and when your child looks back at his childhood he'll remember the time Mom gave up her ride to get involved in his activities. That's worth more than a ride any day!

Brooke said...

I have a tendency to get distracted too. Don't worry, like Susan said, tomorrow is another day.

E-Speed said...

wow we are in the exact same mode right now. Totally all or nothing. Don't feel too bad about it. There must be something in the water!

Papa Louie said...

The rest may be more important for you now. I see you have a 10 mile race this weekend? Enjoy your taper week and have a great race!

Rae said...

I think after a solid spring of races we're all struggling a bit right now!! You're not alone! There's just so much else to do this time of year! Enjoy the time with your kiddos and don't stress too much about it (easier said than done!!!)

Lance Notstrong said...

I think everyone's life becomes a juggling act at one time or another. If you miss a workout, just move on to the next one. That's the thing about endurance sports, there's always another workout waiting around the corner :-)