Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Week 19 - Days 2 and 3: Love The Taper

I am enjoying the taper. For day 2, which was Tuesday, I opted to bike instead of the 3 mile run. I had my bike in my car, but I wasn't sure if I'd have to time to take a lunch break or not (we are in the middle of a phase in for a new contract...so I'm having to meet lots of deadlines this week). I finally came to a good stopping place, so I rode 17.53 miles in around 59 minutes. Not blazing by any means...but I didn't wanna get to serious since it's the first time I've been on the bike in a while. I did enjoy the change. And I always forget how much I love cycling until I get out and do it. I think it's having to deal with all the preparation it takes that keeps me from doing it more often. I can be a forgetful person, and if you forget, say - your biking shorts...well, too bad - you won't be biking (or atleast I won't be biking without that extra cushion!). One time I forgot my helmet. And I woulda been S.O.L. that time, except that J.T. was nice enough to bring it to me at work (all the way to Tullahoma). So anyways, I got in a little bike ride and then drove over to GNC and got a smoothie for lunch. We finished up the day at the ball park...we defeated Bush Insurance to remain the only undefeated team. YEAH!

Day 3 (Wednesday), today, called for 5 miles. I got out around 5:30 a.m. and ran 5 pleasant miles through town in 47:14. It was a beautiful morning. I did some measuring too, with my GPS. For anyone that's interested, it is 1.1 miles from the rec center door to Hwy 55. And it's .53 miles to the main intersection, and then .96 from their to the bottom of jail hill - the little winding greenway sidewalk, to be exact. I did that and then a modification of that loop to get 5 miles. I finished up the workout by doing some weights at the rec center.

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

Feel ya on the bike prep, I think that's why I almost always opt for the run :)

I can't wait to get out on my bike!