Friday, April 07, 2006

Week 17 - Days 1 thru 5: Time is hard to come by

Ok, I have been a little to0 busy lately. I will start by going over what kind of running I've been doing lately. First, since I ran 12 on Sunday, I decided to skip the 880s set for Monday. Instead, I ran 5 miles on my lunch break Monday. I figured the 880s might be bad for the shin. Then Tuesday, I just so happened to be in Chattanooga (long story), but I got up at 5:30 a.m., and ran 3 miles through downtown. Wednesday didn't work out for a run. 5:30 was out since J.T. had to leave by 6:00 a.m. for Chattanooga, and then I had to put in a full day at work, and then rush home for Briar's play practice at church. Thursday didn't work out for a run either, for a lot of the same reasons. My plan was to somewhere between 22 and 26 on Friday morning, but that didn't work out either. So instead, the kids and I went to the rec center and I ran 4 miles on the treadmill. Briar ran a mile on the track as well. I think he's got about 11.5 miles now. He's gonna have to get going on that.

Tommorrow is Little League Opening Day. We'll have to be on the square for the parade at 8:30 a.m., so I'll probably get up and do a 3 miler before that. Then Sunday I am going to try and squeeze in the long run. This will be the last really long run before the tapering starts. All I have to say is "bring on the taper!!!!".

2 comments:

Michele said...

I second the "bring on the taper". I am more then ready for it!!!!

Rae said...

Woo hoo for taper time! You guys are getting so close!