Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Laughing At Myself

Michele just reminded me of something that is sooooo cracking me up about myself. Last year, after 3 or 4 triathlons - I had to freakin QUIT for the season because I was getting so stressed out trying to make sure I placed in my age group each time, it was wearing me out!!!! I must really be a freak...bottom line. I think Elizabeth and Michele are probably right - this is just nerves. I cannot believe myself. What happened to my Mental Fortitude?!?!?! You guys must really be cracking up at me. Anyways, if nerves are the culprit then I will take it...and I will try to remember this the next time I set out to do something I've never done before.

3 comments:

E-Speed said...

It's completely normal to be nervous. I didn't sleep a wink the night before my first tri.

Just try to use the nerves as a good thing. A little anxiety race morning will help you run faster, but don't let it get to the point of vomiting race morning!

Michele said...

I am actually glad you had to quit last summer, now GJCC Tri will be my last beginner and I have a better chance of doing well there then I would have at Old Hickory. :-)
But try not to get too stressed. I don't need you sprinting across that start line!

Anonymous said...

Tiger, I must bring you bad luck. Each time we run together you have a health issue (knee, vomit). Sorry I poisoned you with the flinstone. Your son Briar SMOKED me on the track this morning!! The apple didn't fall too far from the tree!!! :-) Love ya!