Saturday, March 25, 2006

Week 15 - Day 5: Drinkin' Coffee...Feeling Better

I'm drinking my coffee, feeling a little better today. I took Briar to swim team this morning at 9 am, and I ran my 3 miles while I watched him swim from the wellness room. I still had another 45 minutes or so after running, so I took the opportunity to work on my arms and abs, finally. I am not all at all peased with the way I look, but I think I have made some minor progress this week anyways. I still have way too much body fat.
I didn't feel great running the 3 miles, but I didn't get sick either. It seems like it's been forever since I did a 20+ miler(it's been 15 days), so I am actually kinda looking forward to it. Especially if it's going to be nice outside. I won't be running at any record pace, though, that's for sure. I'll just be happy to complete the 24 miles.

I have to say "Thanks!" to Rae - who gave me some great advice on the IPod. I kinda hate to spend $149 for the Nano, but I do believe it may be worth it. Maybe he'll even let me borrow it sometime!! ;)

3 comments:

Michele said...

Glad you are feeling better. I am ready for a long run too as long as it is outside. I have HAD it with that track!!!
I don't think it is going to be as warm as they said earlier this week but I hope it will be sunny and less wind then today!!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I just got back from a 3 hour baseball scrimmage. Lesson learned: There IS something that is worse than running 3 hours in the cold and wind. And that is STANDING 3 hours in the cold and wind. Oh what I would have given to have been able to take off running during all that.

Michele said...

And I thought my 1 hour out there this morning was bad.
How are you feeling? Ready for the run tomorrow?