Thursday, February 23, 2006

Week 11 - Day 3: Unmotivated and Tired

Things didn't go so well on day 3. First of all, when the alarm went off I woke up and was wide awake at 4:45, but I couldn't stand the thought of 8 miles. I was awake, but totally unmotivated and my body just felt tired. So I turned the alarm off and went back to bed. My plan was to run at the rec center after work. So I followed up with that and went to the rec center after work. I ran 2 miles and felt sick. Not to mention I had a side stitch the entire first mile - it started as soon as I started running. So I stopped and took a few minutes to regroup, started back up again and couldn't do it. I ran a few steps...then turned the treadmill off and went home. I don't know if this is mental or physical, but if it's physical I am hoping to fix it. I relaxed all evening, took a warm bubble bath, and went to bed at 9:30 and slept until 7:40. And I didn't even entertain the thought of going back at 5 am. I'm not even going to try and 8 miles today. I have my running clothes with me, and I am going to run 4 or 5 miles at lunch and be done with it. Whether I am physically tired or mentally burned out, I'm hoping this will help. I have 20 miles this weekend, so something's got to give pretty fast.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Hope your run went better today. When are you doing 20? I want to try to run the first 8 with you.