Thursday, January 12, 2006

Week 5 - Day 3: The Very Long Run

I did some major changing stuff around for this one. I am taking the boys to Atlanta this weekend, and I felt it might not be wise, nor would I have the time to run 14 miles through Atlanta. Holly is down there for work, and we are going to go stay with her and to the new aquariam, ice skating, and shopping. I am hoping to find some good deals on ski apparel, because we're going skiing in February. So anyways, since I have to work on Thursdays, Tracy and Michele agreed to come to Tullahoma and run with me. We started at the mall, and ran down to through the country club, The Fairways and King's Ridge...then headed back towards the mall...we got back to the mall a little over 10 miles and then ran out towards the airport, and looped back around to the mall around mile 12. We got a quick drink of water from our cars, and proceeded to make another lap around the mall parking and up around KMart parking lot, then ANOTHER lap around the mall before finishing our longest run ever. The time was 2hrs 22 min. Atleast that's what it was on my gps...somehow mine and Michele's got out of synch, and hers was .13 of a mile ahead of me. (Michele - feel free to post your time according to your own GPS.) So anyways...the route was horrible. The best part of it was running through the country club and that wasn't even very nice because we kept running into the cul-de-sacs. We decided that before we run in Tullahoma again we need consult with Neiderhauser as to the best places to run in T-Town. The route was horrible, but physically I felt suprisingly well. Other than the bruised pad and the inflamed joint in my left foot, I felt good for 14 miles. I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy yet another new pair of running shoes. I have around 500 miles on these, and all the sudden I'm having foot trouble. We also decided that the fuel belt is not such a bad idea after all. Being hungry and running long distances just aren't a good combination. I still don't know if I want to wear that big belt though...I may just stick a little snack in a pocket the next time. I have to admit that I think that's kinda cool...to run so long that you get hungry and need some extra fuel! haha! I know, I am cheesy. I'm not sure what tommorrow's training holds...I'll have to look at the schedule and see.

No comments: