Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Week 4 - Day 6 & Week 5 Day 1

Ok, I have some catching up to do. I haven't felt very well lately, so I've been slacking. But, to end Week 4, I was suppose to run 6 miles. Instead, I ran 5, and it was in two segments because I ran down to the ballpark where JT and the boys were playing baseball...and I played with Bo on the playground for a while, then ran back home when they were leaving. It was close to 5, and I don't even remember my time. I wasn't real concerned about it. I have been needing to be not so strict with the schedule lately...it was starting to wear on me a little bit that I had to do exactly as it said...so I have decided to relax some with it, within reason ofcourse. Anyways, I have had problems with Wrigley, and wasn't able to run on Monday. So I did Monday's run today (Tuesday). It was intervals - 6 x 440s. I did it on the treadmill, with the following breakdown:

1 x mile warmup @6 mph
6 x 440 @ 8 mph
6 x 220 @ 6 mph in between each 440

My final time was 27:41

Poor Wrigley. He has tapeworms of all things. AND he has an issue with his anal glands. That issue is that they were causing a terrible odor coming from his rear end. So I took him to the vet, and got a pill for the tapeworms, and Jeff expressed his anal glands. And I really think he felt better. Then today marked something of a milestone: Wrigley actually went to the backdoor, put both paws up on it and scratched. So I let him out and he went straight to the grass and urinated!!! HOORAY! You don't know how much I loved that. I have him 3 milkbone puppy biscuits for that. Ofcourse, later he proceeded to have 2 accidents in the house, which sorta ruined it....but for the first time I think we are making a little progress. I guess that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? I will definitely be stronger for this puppy thing. I am going to come through this and be more able to deal with worms, poop, odors and secretions from the anal area than I ever would have been before. I guess that is the bright side. I guess that will bump my mental fortitude up a little, and that's always good! One of these days I am going to dedicate an entire post to that which is my favorite subject - Mental Fortitude. It is the root of my training, and the first big reason I decided to do triathlons. I won't go into it now, though. I think I'm gonna run 4 miles tommorrow morning, then 14 Thursday, since I will be out of town this weekend. More on that later...

No comments: