Sunday, January 01, 2006

Week 3 - Day 5: Long Run and Happy New Year!!

Ok - I'm a little late posting this again. But Friday, Dec 30th was the long run of 12 miles. Tracy wasn't able to make it, so Michele and I ran around Maple Springs, Baker Heights, Danbury, and down through Fredonia and back to her house. 12 miles in 1hr and 58min. Average pace of 9:50/mile. I was a little more tired than I was last week...I am thinking it may be because yesterday I ran 6 instead of the recommended 3. And my plan was to run 3 on Saturday, as a recovery run. But that didn't happen, as the rec center was closed. So I went to the tanning bed instead. Anyways, this time my Garmin logged my max heart rate as 224!!!! There's no way. My average heart rate was 159 bmp...which is probably real close. I still haven't calculated my training zones yet, because I haven't recorded my resting heart rate. I am going to do that by leaving my heart monitor beside my bed when I go to sleep, and then when I wake up in the morning I am going to put it on and see what it is before I ever get out of bed. I read somewhere that that is the best way to do it. My legs now have 2 days of rest on them...so I should be able come back and battle Week 4 without any excuses. It doesn't have a long run this weekend - just 6 miles.
Anyways, today is the first day of 2006. My, how time flies flies. J.T. and I will be married 10 years this year...Briar will turn 10 and Bo will turn 5. It seems unreal. God continues to bless us beyond belief.
I am going to post some pictures from Christmas now.

No comments: